Are you using a Netgear WiFi at your home or office place? If yes, then you are looking for perfect ways to secure it for better internet outcomes. Nowadays, securing your home Netgear modem is easy when you have access to it. There are some easy methods that will make things easier for you. Everyone wants to secure their modems because securing modems can prevent all kinds of threats and malware. Also, you will protect your WiFi modem from phishing attacks.
Our guide will elaborate on how you can change your Netgear WiFi password. You have to follow each step if you want to change the WiFi passwords of your modem.
Steps to change the Network name and WiFi password
You must be looking for easy ways to change your WiFi password and Network name. To secure the WiFi password of your SSID, you have to follow the steps. By following these steps, you will change your network name as well as password.
- You have to open the local browser directly from your device. It is the first step that leads you to change the WiFi password as well as the network name. You can simply open it on your PC Google chrome. If you are using any other browsing tool, then you can open the local browser.
- You need to go to the address bar. Directly go on http://www.routerlogin.net. Simply go to our browser and paste this link. It will redirect you to the SSID login page of your modem.
- Simply enter the username, which is default as “admin.” Also, you have to put the default password, which is “password.” Click on the OK button, and you will redirect to the modem dashboard.
- On your modem dashboard, you see a Menu button. You have to click on the menu button. In this way, you will see complete information about your Netgear router.
- Here you can edit your modem details. You can change the network name as per your choices. Your Network name will be presented to your WiFi users. You can change the SSID of your modem easily.
- To change the modem password, you first have to enter the existing password and then enter a new password. After putting the new password, click on the enter button to secure your modem quickly.
- Once you have done all changes, click on the “Apply” button that is shown on the bottom of the page. It will lead you to change the setting of your modem.
Important Note: If you find out trouble using the default password with username mentioned on the backside of your router, you can use username “admin” and password as “password” in the SSID section.
Change the modem password by using Smart Wizard
To change the modem password through your PC browser, you need to first install the Smart Wizard. Make sure that you properly install this in your PC, and it is fully configured. After installing it properly, you need to follow several steps mentioned below:
- First, open the browser on your device and then click on the address bar. Here you have to type the http://www.routerlogin.net. It will allow you to move to the admin page directly.
- Here you have to put username and password that is available on the backside of your modem. You can even use default details.
- After putting the credential details, you need to go to the Setup option. Now click on the wireless settings that are shown on the setup page. Here you will edit entire modem information.
- You can simply change the modem name by clicking on the existing name. For instance, double tab on the existing SSID and renew the modem name.
- Go to the security encryption option and click on the password button.
- Double-tap on the password and change it. You can secure your new password at any other notepad in case you need it in the future.
- Now click on the apply button to change the password of your modem.
Important note: If you are facing issues while using a username and password that is available on the backside of your router, then simply use default username as “admin” and password as “password.”
How to change the Admin password through Netgear Router
- Simply go to the device browser from your gadget, which is associated with your home switch.
- Here go on the http://routerlogin.net directly from the location bar, and this will lead you to go on the login page.
- On the login page, you have to enter the username and password that is mentioned on the backside of your home router. You can likewise utilize default credentials “admin” as the username and “password” as a password.
- When you sign in, you will presently need to go to the advanced setup menu. Line it up with correct administration and afterward set the preferred password of your choice.
- You have to confirm it by entering the password again in the below section. Affirm the new key again by entering it and securing it in any notepad.
- You can even choose a password recovery option that will lead you to change the password in case of an emergency. Presently click on the Apply button to save changes.
How can you change the security level of your WiFi password on your router?
You can change the security level of your router password by simply following steps mentioned below:
- You can start it by using the local browser. Simply go to the address bar and paste the login address, which is https://www.routerlogin.net. It will redirect you to the modem login page.
- Here you have to enter the username and password appear on the side of Netgear router.
- Once you tap on the Next button, you will be redirected to the setup page.
- Now tap on WPA and enter the new strong password.
- You have to add a reference to your password for future logins. Now tab on the Apply button to save new changes.
How can you change the password of your WiFi router by using a mobile application?
Are changing Netgear router setting directly from your mobile phone? Well! You can do it by simply installing the Netgear application on your Smartphone. You can easily download it from your device Playstore.
- Once you download the application, you need to make sure that your mobile phone is connected with the Netgear router. You have to configure the route network with your mobile device first.
- Now go to the Netgear app and click on the login button. You can use the default username and password mentioned on the router back.
- Once you enter the credential details, you will be redirected to the Netgear portal. Click on the advanced setting.
- You will see a new page that has a security option. Click on this button, and you will see the password.
- You can edit and make a new password directly from your mobile by using the Netgear application. Make sure to use a strong password, but it should be easy to remember.
- Now click on the OK button to save password changes. Now you have done the changes. You are now allowed to exit from this application. After a few minutes, the router will automatically reboot, and you can log in again easily.
These are the best ways to change the WiFi password of your Netgear router. The default password and username are common for all devices. However, some router owners provide unique credentials for every router mentioned on the backside of their devices. If you are still facing issues regarding log in, then you can contact the customer support of Netgear to deal with the configuration problem.